I’ve posted before about “writing it down” whether it’s a reminder for your To Do list or plans for bigger, less administrative, things you’d like to do. Sometimes I feel a little embarrassed about my obsessive lists and spreadsheets.
But I really think it works.
Maybe it’s my compulsive nature, but I get such satisfaction from checking something off a list. And in order to check it off, you first have to “do” it. 😉
So, while I’ve been toying with the idea of going snowshoeing, the fact that I had actually put it on my list of things to do in 2015 helped me to say “yes” when a coworker suggested I sign up for the last spot on this week’s trip through the rec center I work at. Now I have to make a list of everything I need for the trip!
Also on my list for 2015:
– get back on track with appointments (doctors, dentist, hair)
– the Cartier exhibit (done)
– the Matisse exhibit (done)
– Denver friends’ trip to Florida
– Calgary friends’ trip
– two trips to Calgary (one done)
– trip with Jay (maybe Florida, probably not Europe)
– go to a concert
– go to a play
– sell another children’s book manuscript
– learn to play pickleball